ARTIST RESIDENCY OPEN CALL
FIRST CALL - OCTOBER 15-30
SECOND CALL - NOVEMBER 15-30
The Artist Residency of Organizmo shares the host foundation’s mission of community empowerment through local knowledge and resources; and furthers the project of the School of Andean Arts and Crafts to strengthen traditional knowledge and connections between culture and territory. The Residency is a meeting point with a pedagogical spirit for the diverse cultures within Colombia, and for foreigners interested in learning local techniques and sharing their knowledge.
We invite artists and artisans with specializations in weaving, ceramics, wood, and/or welding to utilize our studio to develop personal and collaborative projects. During their residency, artists will have the opportunity to share their practices and learn local techniques through workshops with visiting masters from various regions of Colombia.
The Residency supports the contemporary practice and innovation of traditional techniques that maintains coherence with their ancestral history and environment. We understand that the wealth of indigenous creative techniques in Colombia is threatened by a lack of value, interest, and connection with the territory. The Residency responds to this threat to Colombian identity through a space for dynamic dialogue between cultures and generations.
Duration and program of residence:
Residencies are a minimum of two weeks. Artists will be encouraged to share their work with fellow residents and the Organizmo team twice during their stay; once in the middle – giving an informal lecture on their past and current work in order to hear feedback from peers, and again at the end of their stay to conclude their experience and learning. Artists are invited to share their processes and skills through workshops or demonstrations.
Cost of residency: (400 USD/ 2 weeks). International Artists
• Access to the workshops and machinery of the Escuela de Artes y Oficios
• SCHOLARSHIP for a two-to-three-day Workshop with a Visiting Artist and master of one of the following trades: CERAMICS-WEAVING-AGROECOLOGY-COOKING-CARPENTRY-WELDING
• Technical assistance of the Organizmo team for construction and creative processes
• Mentoring from the Artist Residency coordinator
• Lodging in constructions built with earth techniques
• Vegetarian meals
• Access to WIFI and Office Space
Additional costs: Personal travel expenses, transportation, visas, medical insurance *, and materials.
* Each artist must have medical insurance.
Note: Once your application has been approved, your place will be secured on receipt of full payment of your membership dues.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Current address
- Cellphone number
- Sample of previous work (JPG, PDF, website, etc…)
- CV and Artist Statement explaining the general motivation of your artistic research.
- Brief letter of motivation addressing the following: Why do you want to participate in the Artist Residency at Organizmo? What do you hope to give and gain? (One page)
- Description of the project you hope to develop during your stay, which will serve as a general framework with the understanding that your ideas will transform. (One page)